Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week 14 - Birds

To be honest, Im scared of birds. I hate the way they flap their dirty wings around, and fly at you and.... yuck. I just dont like them.

So last week, when Johns magician friend Jonas came up to stay, and he brought his doves with him, I was a little frightened.... I never got closer than a few metres to them, and just after Jonas promised 'theyre trained doves, they dont fly at you' - it flew at me!!

Jonas uses his doves in his magic act. He is amazing!! I hate any performances or acts to do with animals as I do think its cruel, but when I saw the way Jonas treats his animals with such care, it changed my mind a bit.


Johnny has now decided he wants to buy some doves from Jonas to train. I personally think its not such a good idea. Johnny knows nothing about birds. We have two cats who happen to love birds (a little too much), and I cant stand them!!

John bought some foam doves to use as a joke in his act, so Im happy for him to use them.... But Jonas has said his doves have just laid eggs and he'll be giving John two of the doves when theyre a few months old. Until then, I'll try and convince Johnny otherwise.....


I used a photo of the two 'fakies' and wrote 'Jonas has real doves.... John has pretend doves' (yeah, creative, I know!!) The two flowers down the sides are to represent dove wings!!

The front has a vellum cutout of a dove with cardstock stickers!!

Well!! Im off to see everyone elses cards for the week!!

xx Siany!!

10 comments:

jess said...

I really like your card!! and the story behind your card too!! (funny!!) Great Work!!
Xx Jess

Jen said...

I love your card. Great story to go with it as well!

Marjolein said...

Oh, this is great, love your story with it!

Je@net said...

Wow, eventhough you're afraid of birds, your card is just lovely!!!!

Unknown said...

Great story and fantastic cards :)

Lyzzydee said...

I like a card with a story!! I am not keen on flapping things either!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Beautiful!!!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I hope you win the battle of the doves. I laughed to hear your opinion on birds flapping their dirty wings at you and how even a trained dove flew at you. Too funny. I mean I'm sorry and all, but it's funny too. :)

valerie said...

cool card love the foam doves

Leslie said...

that's a very cute card! what a great story too!