Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, March 19, 2007

Week 11 - My initials LSY


Most people dont realise that my real name isnt Siân. Its actually Lorinda! I was named Lorinda after my Aunty - my dads sister. But, mum preferred the name Sian. She decided that "Sian Lorinda Young" didnt sound right - and then my initials would be SLY... another thing she didnt like (I think its kinda cool!!)

So my whole life I have been called Sian. On official documents and school rolls and for my bosses etc I have to write Lorinda - which often causes alot of confusion!! Sometimes I forget which name I have given to the video shop, the
doctors surgery etc - and then I seem kinda suss cos I dont even know my own name! HEHEHE

My card this week was inspired my Lee Woodside's design last week - with tape. I used ribbon to line the front of my card and the back has the journalling on blue paper. I painted around with my favourite new paint!! (But it looks like Ive used cheap nailpolish hahaha!!).

I LOVE the Heidi Swapp chipboard on the front - the brown didnt go so well with the blue and pink so I lightly painted over it with the pink paint!!
Hope you like it!

My
collection is starting to get very big!! Im going to have to find new storage as its getting a little bulky!! LOVE IT!!

Until next week!!! Leave me some love!! xx

15 comments:

jess said...

once again.... great card!! Love all the ribbon and the chipboard is awesome!!!
Love the colours you've used too!!
and i think LSY are pretty cool initials!!

xx Jess

Trude Julie said...

What a nice, creative card! Love the use of ribbons! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

love youre cards .

greetings Roos

Marjolein said...

This is great!!!!! Lovely colors!!

saffiertje said...

This one is too cute with those great colored ribbons...
Great story!

Marie said...

one of my fav sian.
love it heaps

Anonymous said...

love all the ribbons

Kristen said...

i love all the ribbons. and the turquoise is fab!

Bethany E. said...

Ooooooh...such an awesome card this week! Great job :)

Emily Falconbridge said...

sly....so funny! love the story and the colours here!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours and card :)

Heather said...

Beautiful card. The colors are so vibrant!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I like the way you've arranged your ribbons. THey are so fun and cheery. I also love that "cheap fingernail paint". :) Looks great!

Sonia said...

Your card looks great. My middle daughter goes by her middle name...and it's a p.i.t.a. when we have dr' appt's, or for school stuff.

I've yet to do my week 11 card. I'll work on that tonight.

A.S.K.-P. said...

KILLER card! I LOVE the way you used the ribbon on it! VERY COOL!

~Amy